Inka trail 2 days / 1night
Day 1: CUSCO/KM 104 CHACHABAMBA-WIÑAY-WAYNA-MACHUPICCHU-AGUAS CALIENTES.
Very early in the morning, pick up from your hotels to transfer you to Ollantaytambo train station, to take the train to Km 104 to start the trek. At Km 104 after submitting passport control, we began to walk softly around meters Vilcanota River. Starting the way we will see the ruins of Chachabamba, a stone altar – site that was used to worship the sun and the mountains, still revered by local people. After visiting Chachabamba.continue the path south and started a gradual climb to the mountain, before entering a cloud forest, overgrown, then the trail leaves the forest and goes west while continuing uphill in an open meadow. After walking 3 hours, the road descends into a forest amazing. Here you will find a beautiful waterfall, then get to the bottom of the ruins of Winaywayna. Appreciate the beauty of this place, supplemented with information from our expert guide. After boxlunch at Winaywayna, we will continue in the afternoon in the cloud forest, filled with bromelias, orchids and tree ferns. As we walk the last part of the way we pass many impressive features such as the stone stairs and drums. You climb 60 stairs before you reach Inti Punku (Sun Gate). From this point, you can see and observe this wonderful place. Then descend for 45 minutes to get to the viewpoint of the famous place .Descend to the entry of Machupicchu and continue walking to Aguas Calientes villages . Accommodation in the hostal (with private bathroom and hot water).Dinner included.Rest, plans and arrangements for tomorrow. The thermal baths are a good choice (entrances not includes: 15soles).
Distance Travelled:7 Km aprox.
Approximate Walking Time:6-7 Hours
Day 2: AGUAS CALIENTES-MACHUPICHU-WAYNA-PICCHU-OLLANTAYTAMBO-CUSCO
Breakfast. Up to Machupicchu Sanctuary and guided tour for the enigmatic and mysterious city for about 2 hours, visiting the most amazing places as the Royal Mausoleum, the Temple of the three windows, the main temple, the Sacred Plaza, the famous Intihuatana where wise Inkas tied to the sun in the winter solstice in June, stairways, plazas, fountains, etc. Then, free time to explorer by yourself (Optional: Visit Waynapicchu mountain: USD$ 66.00 additional pro the entrances). After finishing our masterful visit, we walk down to Aguas Calientes 1 hour and half , (option with bus down, you have to pay $ 12.00 pp . Round trip is USD$ 24.00 ). PM: Train back to Ollantaytambo, transfer to Cusco.
Distance Travelled:9 km approx.
Approximate Walking Time:3-4 Hours
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at your Hotel orOffice.
- Pick up from your hotel and transport to Ollantaytambo Train Station (2 Hrs)
- Expedition train to Km 104 (starting point of the hike)
- Entrance fees for the trail and the Machupicchu sanctuary
- Walk with a specialist guide.
- Guided visit of Chachabamba and Wiñaywayna
- Guided Tour of Machupicchu on the second Day
- 1 Box Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Breakfast
- Accommodation in the hostal (Private room , hot water ).
- 1 bus tickets (Aguas Calientes–Machupicchu on 2nd day )
- Expedition train return to Ollantaytambo
- Transport to Cusco
- Student with Isic card has an extra discount
What is not included?
- 02 tickets Bus down Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes on 1st and 2nd Day: US$ 12.00 one way.
- Not mentioned food
- Hot spring 15 soles. (Optional)
- Entrance fee for Waynapicchu USD$ 66.00 (Optional).
We recommend that you bring:
- Your Original passport. (ISIC student card if you’ve booked as a student).
- Comfortable back pack. (There are no porters in this trek).
- Water to drink (2 liters, no plastic bottles)
- Camera, binoculars
- Rain jacket in rainy season-Dec to Jan
- Change of clothes
- Basic personal toiletries: Deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, small towel, Anti-bacterial wet wipes.
- Hat or cap for the sun is essential, Sunscrean with sun protection
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes (Malaria or Yellow fever have not been reported)
- Comfortable hiking boots, sneakers or sturdy shoes.
- Extra money in soles or dollars.